Prevenar 13 Vaccine (Single dose)(VACP13)
The bacteria can cause severe diseases such as pneumonia (chest infection), meningitis (infection of the brain membranes), and acute otitis media (middle ear infection).Prevenar 13 is a pneumococcal conjugate vaccine with the maximal protection for infants and young children.
- Active immunization for the prevention of invasive disease caused by 13 types of Streptococcus pneumoniae serotypes including 6A &19A
Individuals aged 6 weeks or above
This vaccine requires 1-4 doses to provide lifetime protection:
- Aged < 7 months: 3 doses in total; at 2, 4 & 12 months*
- Aged 7-11 months: 3 doses in total;1 month apart between 1st and 2 nd dose; 2 months apart between 2 nd and 3rd dose (3rd dose after 12 months of age)
- Aged 12-23 months: At least 2 months apart, 2 doses in total
- Aged 2 or above: 1 dose only
*Starting from July 2019, the Maternal and Child Health Centres (MCHCs) of the DH will implement the updated 3 doses schedule for eligible children born on or after January 1, 2019. These children will no longer receive PCV13 at their six-month visit in MCHCs.Parents may consider to arrange 4th injection for their child at 6th month if needed.
Not applicable to:
- People who have a history of severe allergic reaction to any vaccine component or a previous dose of any Prevenar 13 vaccine
- Those who are less than 6 weeks old
- People with bleeding disorders or those taking anticoagulants
- People with fever
1.Mongkok- Impact Medical Imaging Centre
Room 712, 7/F, Office Tower One, Grand Plaza, 625 & 639 Nathan Road, Kowloon
2.Tai Wai- Human Health Integrated Medical Centre (Tai Wai MTR Station)
Shop TAW 3, MTR Tai Wai Station, New Territories
3.Kowloon Bay- Human Health Integrated Medical Centre (Telford Plaza)
Shop Unit P39B, Telford Plaza, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon
4.Tiu Keng Leng - Human Health Medical Centre (Tiu Keng Leng MTR Station)
Shop 9-10, MTR Tiu Keng Leng Station, New Territories
5. Lai Chi Kok- Human Health Medical Centre
Shop 105B, 1/F, Liberté Shopping Centre, 833 Lai Chi Kok Road, Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon
6.Tin Shui Wai- Human Health Medical Centre
Shop NG18, G/F, T Town North, Tin Yuet Estate, 33 & 39 Tin Wah Road, Tin Shui Wai, NT
7. Quarry Bay-Human Health Medical Centre (Bo Fung Gardens)
Shop 2C, G/F, Bo Fung Gardens, 1090 King's Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
If you purchase vaccine service, please pay attention to the following vaccination guidelines:
- Human Health will contact the customer within 2 working days after successful payment. Customers can also call hotline at 3970 8888 for booking. (Operation hours: Monday to Saturday: 9:00a.m.– 7:00p.m.)
- Customer is not recommended for the injection if he/she is allergic to any component of the vaccine.
- If customer has a fever or are taking antibiotics on the day of injection, it is recommended to delay the injection.
- If customer is pregnant or breastfeeding, have a weakened immune system, and are receiving medications (such as chemotherapy, steroids, etc.), he/she should consult doctor first and accept injections under guidance.
- People who are taking drugs but not sure whether it is appropriate to accept the vaccine, it is recommended to consult the doctor or bring the relevant drugs to the health professionals for examination on the day of injection before deciding whether it is suitable for injection.
- Doctor's consultation fee of HK$300 applies if customer is not suitable for the vaccine injection after Doctor's consultation.