Bone Densitometry DEXA - TST Exclusive (SHXRDEXA1)
DEXA-Spine and Hip - TST Exclusive
Bone mineral density testing, also known as DEXA/DXA, is the most common method to measure bone density. It uses two different energy X-rays to analyze the bone density of the lumbar spine and hip so to detect bone tissue loss. The required radiation dosage for the test is very low, approximately one-tenth of a chest X-ray. The entire process is safe, fast, painless, and can be completed in about 10 minutes.
Osteoporosis is often referred to as the "silent disease" because it is often only discovered when a fracture occurs. After menopause, women experience a significant decrease in estrogen levels, leading to a significant decline in bone density. Additionally, women have inherently lighter and thinner bones compared to men, which puts them at four times higher risk of developing osteoporosis.
Skeleton is a living tissue that serves as the main structural component of the body, providing support and protection. The body constantly rebuilds new bone to replace old bone. However, individuals with osteoporosis have a faster rate of bone breakdown compared to bone formation, resulting in weakened bones. As a result, even minor impacts or falls can easily lead to fractures. Hip fractures are one of the most dangerous type of fragility fracture in Hong Kong.
If you have the following high-risk factors, it is recommended to undergo regular bone mineral density testing to prevent fractures:
• Family history of osteoporosis
• Low physical activity levels
• Alcohol consumption and smoking
• Taking medications for the treatment of asthma, breast cancer, and prostate cancer
Designated Health Check Centre Address:
Impact Health Management Centre (Tsim Sha Tsui Healthy Square)
Shop 102B, 1/F, Star House, 3 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
Monday to Friday: 8:30a.m. – 6:30p.m.
Sunday and Public Holiday: Closed
• Human Health will contact the customer within 2 working days after successful payment. Customers can also make a reservation by calling the hotline at 3628 9682 during office hours.
• The physical check-up plan is available at designated Human Health Check-up Centre- Impact Medical Imaging Centre.
• Customers must present their identity cards and order confirmation letter (printed or e-version) on the appointment day.
•Check-up plan is applicable to people aged 18 or above only.
•Check-up plan is not applicable on Sundays and Public Holidays.
• The redemption will be valid for 6 months starting from the date of payment.
• Neither amendment nor cancellation is allowed once the payment has been confirmed. Also, it is not transferable nor refundable.
• All tests are not for the purpose of medical diagnosis or treatment.
• Offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers or discounts and cannot be exchanged for cash or other products.
• In case of disputes, the decision of Human Health shall be final.